You’re exposed to 840,000 germs every thirty minutes. By implementing Cleaning standards in your commercial building, you decrease the number of germs you’re exposed to.
With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it’s essential to follow the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) Commercial maintenance protocols. The CDC is a health protection agency, and they constantly update Cleaning guidelines and make recommendations on how to stay healthy during the pandemic.
With the increase of people working in person again, the CDC has been focusing on the importance of having a clean work environment. By following these pandemic Cleaning protocols, you can protect those in your workspace:
- Clean high-touch points like elevators and bathrooms daily.
- Use disinfectants after Cleaning to ensure surfaces are thoroughly cleaned.
- Maintain a Cleaning routine in your office.
- Ensure you properly train your Cleaning staff.
- Read the instructions on Cleaning products.
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) if you’re using strong chemicals.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds after Cleaning.
- Clean soft surfaces like rugs, carpets, and curtains
- Provide Cleaning wipes for electronics like phones and computers.
- Keep an office Cleaning checklist for your janitorial staff or outsourced maintenance team.
If you need help finding an effective disinfectant, the Environment Protection Agency (EPA) has a list of disinfecting cleaners that kill the COVID-19 virus.
Because of the pandemic, the professional Cleaning services market is expected to grow by over 6% over the next five years. Cleaning companies follow specific CDC Cleaning and Commercial maintenance service checklists depending on what industry they’re working with. Most maintenance providers follow the Cleaning standards listed above when Cleaning office buildings, but there are other rules and regulations for cleaners working in schools and hospitals.
Cleaning and Disinfecting of Schools
Because schools contain various high touch points and a high volume of people, the CDC has strict guidelines for schools to follow:
- Clean high-touch surfaces like door handles, sink handles, and drinking fountains.
- Limit the sharing of high-touch objects like electronics, pencils, and gym equipment.
- Disinfect all shared objects within 24 hours.
- Clean all surfaces using soap or detergent at least once a day.
- Clean any surfaces that are visibly soiled.
- Establish a culture of good hygiene within your school.
If your school employs a janitorial staff, remind them to thoroughly clean commonly used surfaces. You should also consider hiring an outsourced commercial Cleaning team, as they have the necessary products and know how to clean your surfaces properly.
Integrate a commercial Cleaning schedule for your school to improve your Cleaning procedures.
Protect your students—hire a professional commercial cleaner.
Patients in hospitals and other healthcare facilities are vulnerable to pathogens, including COVID-19, so the CDC developed a list of Cleaning standards specifically for healthcare buildings:
- Facilities should create a commercial Cleaning schedule.
- Rigorously clean surfaces and items in patient care areas.
- Frequently clean high touch points like bed rails, doorknobs, IV poles, and soap dispensers
- Always clean the dirtiest areas last to avoid spreading dirt and germs to clean areas.
- Clean bathrooms more than twice daily.
The CDC provides detailed charts for Cleaning specific areas in a healthcare facility. If your nurses and assistants complete your Commercial maintenance, consider hiring a commercial Cleaning business that works with medical facilities, so your employees can focus on their priorities.
Implementing CDC Cleaning and Commercial maintenance standards may seem overwhelming, especially with most commercial businesses having a lot on their plate due to the pandemic. Outsourcing a commercial cleaning business helps take the stress off your staff by eliminating their Cleaning responsibilities.
There are several benefits to outsourcing your Cleaning services, including:
- Deeper clean
- Greener Cleaning products
- More knowledgeable industry professionals
- Increased Cleaning efficiency
The Cleaning Company provides commercial Cleaning services for all industries, including healthcare and education. Over 25% of our clients are in the medical field, so we know exactly how to clean healthcare facilities and follow CDC Commercial maintenance standards.
You have 24/7 access to your account manager for emergency Cleaning services with us. Our contracts are entirely customizable and based on your business’s needs.
From disinfection services to carpet Cleaning, we got you covered. Contact us today to protect your students, patients, and employees.
Get In Touch
Main Office: 858.260.1090
24/7 Relationship Manager:
- CDC Standards for Cleaning and Commercial Maintenance February 21, 2022
- How To Promote and Maintain Cleanliness at Work December 20, 2021